Monday, February 21, 2011

Three Cheese Tortellini

Three Cheese Tortellini with a marinara meat sauce, Mediterranean spices and parmesan cheese. Sides include buttered garlic toast and applesauce

This is a really simple dish. I got a package of pre-made tortellini, so all I had to do was cook them. These can be a little pricy meaning $4-$5, (which is pricy on a college budget), So I do not always get them. While the tortellini was cooking I made a marinara sauce out of half a pound ground beef, garlic, salt, pepper and a Mediterranean spice blend. Once the meat was browned I added half of an 84 cent can of marinara sauce and let it simmer.

Once the pasta was cooked I emptied the water and mixed the sauce and tortellini by folding it into the pot. (Folding is a careful way of mixing ingredients if you were not sure.) This way I didn't puncture any of the tortellini by stirring it in. Then I popped some bread in the toaster, spread it with some garlic and butter, sprinkled parmesan over the pasta and served the applesauce. I love Italian food and it is so simple to make, so there will be a variety of Italian ideas on this blog. Hope you are enjoying it:)

No comments:

Post a Comment