Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Chicken Parmigiana

Chicken Parmesan and Minestrone soup. Sides include oven roasted carrots and garlic bread

Everyone loves Italian. For this meal I started by slicing the carrots for the side dish. I love carrots but I feel like it is too easy to over cook them when they are prepared in water. So i found an alternative. I slice them into sticks, cover them in olive oil and some Italian seasoning and placed them in a 400 degree oven until they were browned (usually about 20 to 30 minutes depending on how thinly sliced the carrots are.) This is my new favorite side dish, the texture is great and it has a very savory flavor. IF you do not like Italian seasoning they also taste great with salt and pepper. While these are in the oven I worked on the chicken.

I prepared a chicken breast the same way I did for the Chicken curry recipe (stove top) but when it was cooked I covered it in marinara sauce and parmesan and placed it in the oven until the cheese melted nicely. Then I heated up some left over minestrone soup and made the garlic bread using leftover bread. I also like to add a little Italian seasoning to the garlic bread to "kick it up a notch" (as Emeril would say.) Overall this is a really simple and delicious meal that I will definitely be making again.

No comments:

Post a Comment