Monday, February 7, 2011

Simple Chicken Curry

Chicken Curry, sides include a quick serve rice mix and canned green beans (which I do not recommend and will not be using again)

I love yellow curry, but I always thought that it would be hard to make and expensive. but it's not. I made this meal in about a half an hour. Thawing the chicken before hand will really save you a lot of time.

Before you start, place the thawed chicken breast on a frying pan, cast iron if you have it (you actually intake more iron by using them, and they heat up fast.) Salt and pepper both sides of the chicken, put a little olive oil on the pan and cook on medium heat until the chicken is cooked thoroughly. While the chicken is cooking, start the sauce.

The sauce is really simple. I started with some chopped white onions. I placed the onions on the bottom of a small pot and browned them with butter. after they got sufficiently brown, about 7-8 minutes, I added about a half cup of milk and a few tablespoons of flour. the ratio of milk and flour depend on how think you want your sauce. if it seems a little runny add more flour, if it is dry add more milk until you find a perfect consistency. once this consistency is reached, I added a few teaspoons of yellow curry powder, which can be found at Walmart for a good price. Then I added salt and pepper to taste.

The leftovers of this meal made a great casserole. I sliced the chicken up and mixed it with the rice and corn. Then i sprinkled parmesan cheese over the top and put it in the oven just until the cheese melted. It was a completely different meal, using the same food. This is a great way to save money and fully use your resources.

No comments:

Post a Comment