Sunday, February 27, 2011

Homemade Brownie Bites


fresh homemade brownies, straight out of the oven

This recipe came from my mom, she used it to make brownies for her family when she was young and could get it done within one commercial break. I started making them for the house church I help lead every Thursday night. It is a simple recipe, you can even make it without an electric mixer. I bake them in a casserole dish and then cut them into little bite size pieces so that I have enough for the people at house church. Everyone loves these brownies, they are moist, sweet and delicious. Thanks to my mom for the great recipe, I hope I can memorize it soon. Here it is if you want some simple yummy brownies.

Lori's Brownies:

1 1/2 cup flour
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
1 cup shortening or butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 teaspoon salt
7 tbsp cocoa powder

mix these ingredients together, butter cake pans or shallow casserole dishes. (do not use a loaf pan, it will take forever to cook, I learned that one from experience.) Pour in the batter and cook for 25 to 30 minutes at 350 degrees F. Enjoy:)

2 comments:

  1. The Brownies are soooooo good :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. One tip for this recipe: stir the ingredients just until they are blended. Over stirring can make this recipe too cake like.

    ReplyDelete