Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Bean Fiasco Turned into Dinner For One

Nacho's with black beans, brown rice, cheese and salsa

Most of the time I am hesitant to make a nice dinner for myself, mostly because I don't want to use the effort just for one person. However, making nachos is simple, fast and delicious. The other night Shane and I made black bean and rice quesadillas for dinner. I had some left over rice and beans, so I put them in a tupperware container to save them. I shook the container to mix it and Shane said, "shake it like you mean it" then he took the tupperware and shook it really hard. Unfortunately I had not secured the lid so rice and beans exploded. they went all over Shane's clothes, all over my dress, and all over the counters, stove and floor. We were both shocked and all I could do was laugh. Luckily we got it all cleaned up and I removed the stains from our clothes. The moral of the story: make sure the lid is secure before shaking the contents.

Anyway, having the left over rice and beans is what gave me the idea to make nachos. All I had to do was place chips on the plate, top them with cheese, rice, beans and salsa and placed it in the microwave for 1 minute. It was so delicious I made it two nights in a row. Hopefully next time, we wont lose half of the contents of the rice and beans so that I can make more nachos:) Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment