Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Homemade Cinnamon Rolls: Mmm Mmm Good

Fresh, homemade cinnamon rolls covered in a vanilla glaze and topped with diced roasted almonds sprinkled on top

I had a little extra time on my hands tonight because I finished my homework and didn't have to go to work. So I decided to make cinnamon rolls. This process is tedious and took me about two hours overall but it was well worth it. First I made the dough, and let it rise for about 45 minutes. While it was rising I made the simple vanilla glaze which only consists of powdered sugar, water, vanilla extract and butter. When the dough was ready I rolled it out and spread the melted butter, brown sugar and cinnamon on it. Whenever I roll up the cinnamon roll I always end up losing a lot of the filling. I am not sure how to avoid this so if any of you have any tips, please let me know.

Pre-baked cinnamon rolls

I buttered each pan and sprinkled a little brown sugar on it before placing the rolls down. Then I put them in the oven for about 25 minutes, so they would not overcook. After that I let them cool and then dipped each in the glaze and sprinkled almonds on top. Then I had all of these cinnamon rolls and no one to share them with, so I invited my friends Paul and Gray to come over and try them. Both guys gave a good review so I will be making these again when I get the chance. I you want this recipe just let me know:) Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment