Thursday, July 19, 2012

Pork Roast


Pork roast marinated in white wine and garlic, topped with salt, pepper, garlic and fresh rosemary. Sides include roasted carrots and potatoes.

My parents are wonderful. When I went over to the house on Saturday they loaded me up with groceries from their own refrigerator, including part of a roast that my mom was preparing for a dinner party.  From a thawed state, this roast took about 45 minutes to cook. I baked it in my 12" cast iron skillet alongside the carrots and potatoes which I drizzled with olive oil and italian seasoning. The pork was a little more rare than I prefer, but still scrumptious. We ate out on our deck because having the oven on for so long made our apartment disgustingly hot and we do not have air conditioning. So note to self, stick to making roasts in the winter when you need the extra heat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment