Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Homemade Chicken & Molé



  My cousin David and his girlfriend Angie came over for dinner


Chicken enchiladas with molé sauce, black bean and corn mix, mexican rice, homemade guacamole and chips & peach salsa from the store

 preparation of the enchiladas the day before

My cousin and his girlfriend were in town from Michigan so we invited them over for dinner and games. I chose to make chicken and molé because it is my favorite meal at Mexican restaurants. It is a warm creamy chocolate and chili sauce. It has a bit of a kick to it, but is not too spicy. I found the sauce at Winco in a little glass container. All you have to do is follow the directions on the back and combine it with water. Make sure you add enough water because I did not add enough at first and it was way too thick and spicy. I did not have all the ingredients I needed for the guacamole so I just made a simplified version using avocados, onions, salt, pepper and a little lemon juice. We had a great time eating together and then playing a few fun games. I am definitely looking forward to the next time we entertain :)

2 comments:

  1. Looks yummy
    So glad you are enjoying your married life with friends and family:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks yummy
    So glad you are enjoying your married life with friends and family:-)

    ReplyDelete