Sunday, July 15, 2012

BBQ Chicken


Pan seared chicken with homemade BBQ sauce, roasted rosemary potatoes and steamed broccoli 

This meal was really simple. I started by caramelizing some onions in the pan and once those started to brown I cooked the chicken with salt, pepper and butter. As the chicken was cooking I started boiling the potatoes and created my own version of a sweet but tangy BBQ sauce. Here's the recipe if you want to try it.

Brooke's BBQ Sauce

1 1/2 cups ketchup
1/2 cup Jack Daniel's horseradish mustard 
a few shakes of worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup brown sugar

Combine ingredients in a small bowl and whisk together. 
If you like you BBQ sauce sweeter, like I do, add a little more brown sugar. If you like it more tart add more mustard and worcestershire sauce.


When the chicken was done cooking I poured my sauce over top and let it cook together to warm the BBQ sauce. I left it there on low heat while I finished the rest of the meal. For the potatoes all I did was boil them and then place them on a cookie sheet with olive oil and rosemary and baked them for about 20 minutes. The broccoli I steamed in the microwave. All in all this meal only took about 30 minutes total. You should try it and let me know the results of you BBQ sauce. I would love to get more ideas from my readers. 


No comments:

Post a Comment