Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Berry Good French Toast


French Toast is Shane's all time favorite breakfast meal


French toast topped with blueberries, blackberries and powdered sugar, accompanied by applesauce and fresh cantaloupe 

As you can see in the picture above, my husband loves to eat french toast. I used left over bread from the wedding that we put in the freezer. It had been frozen twice so my mom suggested using it for this meal because it had gotten a little stale. This bread worked perfectly. I was able to reconstitute it with eggs, milk and cinnamon. We did not have any syrup so I combined the last bit of our blackberry jam with strawberry jam and warmed it up to make it more like syrup. Shane suggested the title of this blog purely from how many berries we used. It was delicious and I will be making it again and again, just for Shane ;-)

2 comments: