Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Makeshift Cookie Cutters

Toothbrush/ Carrot Cookies

A few weeks ago my mom had a group of friends from her dental office over for dinner and she had promised them all toothbrush shaped sugar cookies. Years ago, when she graduated from dental hygiene school she got these toothbrush cookie cutters from my aunt Pam. just a few hours before the dinner my mom and I were preparing and she discovered that she no longer had those cookie cutters. She had lent them out and never got them back. She was terribly distressed, knowing that she had told everyone that these cookies would be there. Trying to help, I looked through the rest of the cookie cutters and found a carrot shaped one from an easter package. I looked at and thought it could pass for a toothbrush so I temporarily bent it to look the part. I spent two hours frosting each cookie while my mom and our friend Matthew continued cooking dinner. So what do you think? Can you tell they were carrots?

4 comments:

  1. They look very much like tooth brushes, you are a very clever lady Brooke Aus!

    Wheres like button?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks:) glad you are reading

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know this was super long ago, but it struck me as funny that you spent so long frosting the cookies. I immediately thought back to the image of you spending hours painting Brandt's pants. I'm always impressed by your patience and tenacity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Annetta, I just saw this. I was so proud of that costume! lol. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete